Office Design Trends
Workspace design can have a big impact on workplace culture. In recent years, the traditional cubicle environment has nearly disappeared in favor of more comfortable, collaborative spaces. The following new office design trends are among the most innovative yet, embracing functionality and visual appeal. Read on to discover the biggest office design trends for 2018.
Every person works a little differently. Unique tasks require varying combinations of group and individual work. Thus, designers have keyed in on flexibility as one of the most important office design concepts in 2018. Some of the new office-design trends supporting flexible workspaces are:
- Lounge areas that can serve different purposes, from meeting with clients to conversations between coworkers. These areas allow for low-stakes collaboration, encouraging creativity and promoting a sense of fun.
- Fixed layouts are disappearing in favor of moveable, modular components. As the nature of the office changes, the layout can adjust to suit it.
- Shared space has become a norm in many office environments; the new trend is open-concept work areas that include cubbies and discrete corners to provide a combination of group and individual spaces.
Interested in learning more about making your workspace more flexible? Contact Douron today.
Making the Office More Like the Rest of the World
Another common thread in 2018 office design trends is integrating elements from other kinds of environments into the workplace. These trends run the gamut from bringing the great outdoors into the office to incorporating components of home:
- Design elements drawn from the natural world are huge, including plant-inspired upholstery patterns, living walls, and recycled wood.
- Offices are incorporating furniture with a homier look, such as wooden desks reminiscent of dining tables, to create a more comfortable environment.
The final set of trends in 2018 office design are all related to making technology easier to access and more attractive to use. This emphasis on technology and clean design increases productivity.
- Wires are an eyesore. New furniture solutions are designed to hide wires from view, making a cleaner and more appealing workspace.
- Desks are more frequently equipped with USB and Ethernet ports, allowing personnel to focus on work instead of hunting for connections.
Contact Douron today to create an up-to-date and user-friendly office.